Dear Families of our SmartStart Scholars,
The staff at MOHDC SmartStart Nature Academy is happy to welcome you to the 2019-20 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential.
We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all learning tasks assigned by teacher
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our Parent Teacher Association team as our young scholars can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
- Support and Advocacy for a diversity of students
- Reading with children who need extra help
- School-wide events
- Student recognition events
- Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
The wonderful SmartStart staff feels privileged to be a part of your scholar’s school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to working with you.